My planned routine:
After inconsistent months of going to the gym on and off. I’ve decided to give p90x a try. I don’t want to have to deal with the winter weather, going to gym and plus, getting to the gym is half the struggle for me. I’d like to try working out at home cause I know I will have enough time, and if I’m home, I will have no excuse.
Along with p90x, I want to in cooperate in some booty work outs, rather it’s Brazilian Butt Work Outs or just youtube videos, my booty is a big priority.
A lot of people pre-judge me and ask, “Why do you want to work out? You’re so skinny already?” Here is my answer.
I want to work out because..
- I want to be healthy
- I want to have more energy
- I want to be physically strong and mentally
- I may be skinny, but my skin is very loose and “jiggly.”
- I want to have more confidence and higher self-esteem
- I’ve always felt like I have never really done anything extraordinary with my life
- I want to prove myself wrong
- I want to prove others wrong
- I want to be the BEST version of myself
- Lastly, I want to look dammmnnnnnn good ;)
Some turning points for me:
- Growing up I never felt very pretty, I was the BIGGEST tom boy EVER. Going into high school & then middle school, I was still kindda that awkward tom boy girl that never really felt pretty. I knew I wasn’t ugly (lol) but I just never really had confidence in myself. One benefit of being young & naive, I didn’t ever really care what people said about me. Now as I’m getting older (22 years old), I feel like I’m becoming a lot more self-conscious. I don’t want to have a 12 year old girl body anymore.
- I used to be in a semi-verbal abusive relationship. It wasn’t extreme, but little comments, jokes, and some times even purposeful insults really brought down my self-esteem dramatically. It also took away a lot of my personality. I’ve become a lot more closed up and I’m not the same person I used to be and I don’t think I ever will be, but I want to work on becoming even a better person than before.
- Not only did my old relationship effect me, some of my friends did as well. Some innocent jokes about my body or appearance, I would take personally because after being criticised for so long in a relationship, the little things that others say can be dramatic, even if it’s not on purpose.
- I used to work around a lot of older and sick people, working with them really makes me realize what we ALL take for granted, our health & our bodies.
- Lastly, I remember seeing pictures of myself at an outdoor water park, just looking at my body in a swim suit, I just was not happy. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t hate my body, I love my body, I just want it to be the best that it can be.
- Tone up my whole body, get rid of the jiggly (arms, thighs)
- Gain muscles, become stronger
- Gain muscle weight (heaviest I’ve been able to get to is 107 lbs, I want to get to at least 110 lbs, but weight isn’t a big factor to me)
- Build a BOOTY!!
- Get rid of the small layer of fat on my belly, gain some abs
- Gain a better and more consistent healthy eating habit
- Hopefully lose some baby fat on my chubby cheeks :D
Ultimately, to make this happen, you will have to make the decision for yourself. No one can really push you to keep going but yourself. I’m making this decision for myself because this is something I just have to do, for myself. I deserve it.